We know this moment is bittersweet for you, but how are your kids feeling? Some children are so excited about going to school with the big kids that they can hardly contain their happiness. Other children can hardly contain their fears about being away from their parents in an unfamiliar classroom.
If you've been reading toward your 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten goal, we've got ten more books to get you over that goal line, with the added bonus of giving your child a sneak peek into kindergarten classrooms and helping them learn what to expect on the first day of school.
- Planet Kindergarten by Sue Ganz-Schmitt (Also look for Planet Kindergarten: 100 Days in Orbit arriving on our shelves soon.)
- The Day My Mom Came to Kindergarten by Maureen Fergus
- Kindergarten Diary by Antoinette Portis
- Countdown to Kindergarten by Alison McGhee
- Mom, It's My First Day of Kindergarten! by Hyewon Yum
- Monkey: Not Ready for Kindergarten by Marc Tolonn Brown
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- Off to Kindergarten by Tony Johnston
- On the First Day of Kindergarten by Tish Rabe
- Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes by Eric Litwin