It's flu season, and our state seems to be particularly hard hit with sickness. Having kids that feel less-than-stellar or slightly-under-the-weather is a completely different experience from nursing children suffering from the flu, infections, or other serious illnesses, as all you worn-out parents will agree.
So, we've prepared a list of 20 books that will help you start a conversation with your young child about washing their hands, brushing their teeth, taking a bath, and taking care not to share germs with their friends:
- Bath Time by Eileen Spinelli
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip Christian Stead
- Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair by Lee Fox
- Time for a Bath by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page
- Brushing Teeth by Mari Schuh
- My Cold Went on Vacation by Molly Rausch
- The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Willems
- Froggy Goes to the Doctor by Jonathan London
- On the Way to the Bath by Sarah Maizes
- Wash Your Hands! by Margaret McNamara
- Katie Woo Has the Flu by Fran Manushkin
- President Taft Is Stuck in the Bath by Mac Barnett
- Curious George Discovers Germs by Erica Zappy
- Llama Llama Home with Mama by Anna Dewdney
- The Whale in the Bathtub by Kylie Westaway
- How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon? by Jane Yolen
- Mo’s Mustache by Ben Clanton
- A Visit to Dr. Duck by Rosemary Wells
- Piggy Pie Po by Audrey Wood
- Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson
Snuggle up with your sniffing, sneezing child, enjoy a good book, and get well soon!
Don't forget to add the books you read to your 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Reading Log!